Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Keep the Faith!

Times are tough. Every day, I read and hear stories of death and war, sadness and despair. But, we must keep the faith. We will only be on this earth a short time so we must live in faith and appreciate what we have-today! We do not know what tomorrow will bring.

My family and I are going through some difficult times, and it is easy for us to feel sorry for ourselves, but we must find joy in the journey and thank God for our many blessings. We have much to be thankful for!

With all of the gloom and doom surrounding us, it's hard to do. But, with God's help, we can find joy throughout all of the uncertainty and injustices that take place in our world today.

Most times, we must work hard to find joy in our journey-but isn't that the case with all good things? We might just surprise ourselves when putting faith into practice that it isn't quite as tough as we once thought.

Anyone with comments on their faith and good thoughts, please share!

4 comments:

Dana said...

Hey Lisa! Just got back from Bama today and I am beat! LOL

I'll be blogging more in the coming weeks!

RosieBoo said...

I'd say that our faith grows most in the dark...unlike the plants and flowers....we become stronger through our toughest times.

PS - Dana gave your blog a great plug!

Lisa said...

Welcome back Dana!! Hope you had a great time. I'm busy getting my son situated with starting HIGH SCHOOL-yikes and cross country. Thx for helping to promote my blog-it is very much appreciated.

Welcome to my blog, "rosieboo" !! And, thanks so much for commenting. I agree with you 110%. Thx for the reminder.

Take care!!

D.S. White said...

Hi Lisa,

Dana is really earning her CD! I found your blog by her referral.

With regards to faith, after coming out of two years of poverty and depression, I would say that I now truly understand that adversity is a tool that shows us exactly who we are so that the necessary process that leads to refinement can continue. And if I may ramble on for a little longer, I'll wax poetic in stating that the scripture that states "all things work together for good for they who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose" now finally makes sense to me. No He doesn't want or will bad to or for me, but when He allows it, I know two things:

1) He doesn't allow more than I can bear, so I already know I can bear it
2) Despite its appearance, it is for my good.

Okay, I'm going to shut up now...lol.

Peace,
Dee