Saturday, February 03, 2007

GOT SNOW?

Hello there, fellow bloggers (and loved ones :)~

Anyone else out there getting any snow? Michiganders (most of, anyway) are experiencing blizzard conditions, basically getting dumped on. I was just saying yesterday to my fav writing group that things around Grand Rapids don't close for snow...well, me and my big mouth--again. Of course, things around town (including ROADS and HWYS) are closing by the second due to the weather. We have over a foot of snow already with possibly another foot to go! We haven't seen these conditions in many years. YUCK! So glad that I got my chores done yesterday. WHEW!!

Who else out there is stuck in the snow??

Oh yeah, we are also at about 13 degrees with -15 deg windchill. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
I'm so glad that this happened on the weekend, although my dau had to get out in it today, which made me just a tad bit nervous. Surprisingly enough, I've been pretty good about not getting too nervous with her out and about in bad weather, but today...it made me uncomfortable. Now, she's home safe & sound...DOUBLE WHEW!!

I'm just not a snow person. I don't get it. I grew up in Michigan. People have to deal with snow here...it's a given. So why is it that the older I get, the more I hate it? Strange. Although I will say that it is nice to be in the house watching it snow, but how often can one do that? Not often. I'm able to get more writing and housework done, so that's a plus, but man, for those you have to get out in this...I feel bad for them. It's crazy out there.

I think my blog still has a radar...click on it and you'll see what I mean.

ps-My thoughts & prayers go out to those Floridians who have experienced the terrible tornados and storms!

Be safe out there!

2 comments:

C. H. Green said...

Not a snow person either. We got a couple days worth last week, only a few inches. You've been tagged. Please visit my post, "My Story" for details.

Dave said...

Me? I hate snow.

It snowed here in Mesa last month. Luckily it was a few miles away.

It is a true novelty when Mesa gets snow.