Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I am weak

Sometimes, I feel like such a wimp. It's embarrassing. When am I going to learn that God will make sure that I'm taken care of?

I worry. I complain. And more importantly, I don't fully appreciate all of the goodness that God has shown me and my family. Shame on me.

I pray. I cry. And then, I worry some more.

God must be so disappointed. He gives me the tools, which I use on a daily basis, but there are those times. Those times when something goes wrong, or when things don't go my way, I'm wishy-washy.

I pray some more and expect God to miraculous make me feel better. Where's my faith? I know He will take care of me and my family yet...wild thoughts take over, and I am weak. Weak when I could be strong. Why can't I quiet my mind?

Sure, my faith is strong when things go well (my way), but what about in the face of adversity?

Growth. Growing in my faith. That's what I want, but when I want strength the most, sometimes...sometimes, I falter.

My soul whimpers and whithers, and I forget that my personal Lord & Savior is right there with me. When I come to my senses, I lower my head and look down at my feet.

How do I get past insecurities and weakness? By going to the Lord, of course! Our God is a forgiving and loving God! It's never too late to call on the Lord for strength and reassurance! He will not let me down. He never has.

Growing? Yes, I'm growing. But it's a gradual process. I'm working on it, walking hand in hand with my Lord.

3 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Oh Lisa! You are not alone! But there is HOPE! The results of our faith are not dependent on us.....thankfully, they lie safely in the Hands of the One to whom you are holding tightly!

I have posted a similar post today--at times the wait for the answer seems so long and taxing....and yet, in one second--one glorious second, you realize God has carried you through and you are resting in the midst of His answer to your prayers. He's amazingly faithful....able....and loving! The Lion of Judah--is strong and ferocious--even when we are weak and crumbing!

Diane

Lisa said...

Hi Diane!
Thx for your words of hope & encouragement! I'll stop by real soon!

Take care!

C. H. Green said...

Hey girl! I've missed you so much. I have been working my butt off lately. I check in occasionally to see how things are. Hope the writing is going well. I've been known to whine a bit too when things aren't like I think they should be. I'm so glad we have Him to run to for comfort and shelter. Love ya, Cindy