Monday, April 16, 2007

TIME FLIES...

I can't believe 1 1/2 months has gone by since I last blogged. Where does the time go? What have I been up to?

The good news is that I have been working one-on-one with an experienced writer from the writing group I belong to. We are going step-by-step through my novel, which is really helping me. I had been trying to revise it on my own...that did not work. Then, as part of this same group, I was posting it as part of a workshop, but I could not figure out what to keep v. what to revise. It was very overwhelming and I almost gave up. If it had not been for the workshop and the help, I would have walked away from the project. It was just too frustrating...how many times could I bump my head against the wall without seeing any progress?

This reminds me of my daughter and her frustrations with her goals and college. It is tough trying to find our way, is it not? What is important and what isn't?

Sometimes, we need to work hard to obtain important goals, but could we be making it harder because we are not going to God with our questions? Example of questions, we all have asked. (Not in any prioritized order...)

1. What type of work should I be doing?
2. Where should I attend college? What program should I work toward?
3. Should I attend college or trying to find full-time employment straight from high school?
4. What type of person should I marry? What qualities are important to me? Who should I be with for the rest of my life?
5. Should my spouse and I have children? If so, how many?
6. After baby has been born, should both parents work outside the home?
7. Where should I live? House, apartment?
8. Should I attend church?
9. What religion should I be a part of? Where should I attend church? Once a member, should I help? If so, what should I do?
10. Do I need to support my community? If so, how?
11. What other activities/hobbies will fill what little extra time I have?
12. How do I prioritize and balance everything that I want to accomplish?

Just to name a few!

Whew! How do we make the right decisions? That is where the Holy Spirit and our relationship with Jesus really becomes a big factor. Sometimes we bump our heads against imaginery walls on things that maybe we aren't meant to do. How do we know which path to follow? By communicating with our Creator! He is the only one who knows what we should and should not be doing. Easy? No way.

Confused? Yeah I am, too, at times. When I really need guidance, instead of picking up a book, I go to the Lord in prayer, and he has NEVER let me down.

So what are you waiting for?

2 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Lisa:

WELL, I WAS waiting for you to come out and play....and to my delight...here you are!

Welcome back!

I am so happy for you and your emphasis on your writing. It IS difficult to edit our babies....isn't it! Revise and toss....brrrr-makes me shiver just thinking about it!

I hope that in one of your books...you will include your last paragraph! What a witness to God's faithfulness...it touched my aching heart today--exactly what I needed to hear. My post today--explains a little. My aching heart has been longing to hear from God--and this very moment....I click over to your blog....and you have "spoken" directly to me. WOW! You're right...He does not fail!

Diane

C. H. Green said...

Welcome back lady...so happy to hear about your one-on-one work on your novel. I missed you!