Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Where have the answers gone?

Where have the answers gone?

When I was a young girl in my teens, I was smart. I had some of the answers to life’s problems. I lived.

When I was a young woman in my twenties, I was intelligent. I had most of the answers to life’s problems. I lived.

When I was a woman in my prime (thirties and forties), I was wise. I had the answers to life’s problems. I lived.

When I was a mature woman in my fifties and sixties, I realized I didn’t have all of the answers to life’s problems as I once had. I lived.

When I was an older woman in my seventies and eighties, I couldn’t understand why I thought I had the answers to life’s problems all of those years. I lived.

When I was an old woman of 90, I finally realized that I hadn't ever known the answers at all. I had simply lived.

Written by Lisa Braendle

******* My response to frustrations of aging and realizing that at almost age 40, I somehow know less and less how to solve the problems life throws my way. The good news? I also realize that I don't need all of the answers. All I need is faith! And, lots of it!

(and no, I'm not really 90 :) YET!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love this Lisa! Wonderful poem!