Thursday, January 26, 2006

American Idol-

I know I shouldn't. Nope, not going to stop there...keep clicking...almost...oh no, I just can't do it. The remote rested on my lap as the channel stopped on FOX last night-this has happened surprisingly two days in a row.

Yes, I'm one of those freaks who loves the hit show, "American Idol." My daughter usually asks me once a year why certain people try out when they are so terrible. I told her I felt that some people honestly believed they should follow their dreams, and I can't say that they're wrong. I would hope someone in his/her family would tell an individual he/she didn't stand a chance, but it's hard to stomp on other's dreams. Well, maybe not for Simon Cowell, but that's for entertainment value, I'm sure (I'm hoping anyway.) I start to feel sorry for some of these people not moving on to Hollywood (the next step), but I'm sure they have watched the show before to know that the judges are rude and tough. I'm not familar with auditions for singing, but I can't imagine they are for wimps. So...are the judges tougher this year? Are they just mean (directed at Simon)? Is it all fake or are some of the feelings real? I find myself asking these questions while I watch the show.

Although I'm sure there are better things I could be doing with my time-loads of laundry, quality time with my son, baking cookies. I do have my computer on my lap, but I'm not actually writing anything. Darn. I tried. So I lie on my couch like a sloth and continue to be entertained by bad singing, rude and darn right obnoxious behavior. Is that all there is to it? But wait. Then there is that one singer that your heart really goes out to. The one you know could be the one and then the dream is once again alive and well-that's a good thing right? I think so. Maybe the show could be less "Hollywood" or should I say, less "FOX." Would it be a better show-probably, but I still like it. There I said it, "I like American Idol." One more of my flaws, I guess.

Sooooo, what do ya'll think about the show in general? Do you like it, hate it? Is it better or worse this year. Is all the rudeness fake? For entertainment purposes? Why do you think people go on these shows when they know they can't sing? To be noticed? I wonder.

Have a good day and Enjoy the Journey...

4 comments:

Dave said...

Erica and I enjoy American Idol. Last season we picked the winning horse from the get go.

There have been some rather interesting characters this time.

I had to laugh at the guy dressed as the Statue of Liberty that only got out 2 words before Simon shut him down.

C. H. Green said...

Call me weird and unAmerican, but I have yet to watch the first episode. I'm not sure why. When does it air? LOL.

Lisa said...

Hi Cynthia,
The past two weeks, it's been on Tues & Weds @ 8pm or 9pm, I think. I'm not sure what time it will be next week though. It is on FOX. I hate to be the spokesperson for this show, ha ha.

Whew, thanks Dave, for letting me know that you watch the show-I feel so much better ;)

I was hoping for a "rocker" to win last season-gee, did I just admit that too? Oh man, I need help. Serious help. :) My hubbie picked Carrie also. I thought she was too fu fu. Is that a word? Okay maybe I was zealous.

porchwise said...

I lived around Gollywood at the time when live T.V. was 'live' and they learned early on about preproduction meetings. You can bet (before the first American Idol hit the air) that Simon, Paula and Randy's "personas" were well planned in preproduction. But, alas, I'm hooked on the show too so whether it's the odd characters or just insane curiosity, I Tivo it all (can't stand commercials).