Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Monday!

Tips for fellow bloggers-

Have good tips to share with the public? Make sure to check out your favorite magazine(s) who probably accepts "tips" to publish. I'd been paid $25 for a tip from Woman's World. It is easy and fun. Just think how many of these you could do?

Trying to get published for the first time? Try your smaller magazines that you receive on your favorite hobby or interest. They often have opportunities to share your experiences. (Pay not too shabby-I've been paid as high as $50 for a short non-fiction piece on my genealogy experiences.)

My tip for you-

Do you have a creative side? Scrapbook those memories by updating photo albums and scrapbooks with a flare, (see any photo scrapbooking store for ideas!) and share with family when you celebrate family birthdays, various holidays etc. Okay, so you don't want to spend hours on this? Just place in photo albums and share! Or guess what? You can even stick them in a photo box and tuck under your arm as you head to your next family gathering. It will create great topics of conversation and is sure to put a smile on everyone's face. What good are pictures if we don't ever share them with our family?

Family reunions are a great place to share achievements and pictures. For a lot of fun, bring out those old pics you haven't looked at in years. It brings back so many wonderful memories.

Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

IzzyMom said...

I agree. Pictures are supposed to be looked at. They aren't doing anyone any good in that big box under my bed!

Lisa said...

Hi Izzy!
Welcome to my blog! I run a contest every month, and if you link to my site, you'll be the winner.

The first "newbie" to my site that posts and links to my blog is the winner of a book.

I try to do run a monthly contest. If I don't have a newbie visit my blog, then the first "oldbie" who has posted and linked wins!

Hope to see ya back!

Enjoy the journey!
PS - Pls let me know so I can get your book to you!