Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My Absence-

Sorry I've been lax again on my blog. My husband's step mom, Carol passed away last Weds so it has been a crazy week. She was not only a step mom to Paul but she was a long-time personal friend of the family. She fought a courageous battle against cancer for almost two years. She was a fun, warm and witty women who loved her friends and family very much and showed this as often as possible.

I have been writing when I can late at night-trying to finish up final drafts on a couple of my short stories. One more pass through writing groups and they're off to the publishing world! Then let the rejection letters fly ;)

Please keep stopping by!
-Lisa

4 comments:

C. H. Green said...

My heartfelt condolences to you and your husband on your loss. Somehow I was worried that it was something like that. When my friends disappear, there is usually a good reason. Take care, lady. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lisa said...

Hi Cynthia!
Thx so much for thinking of us! I appreciate it. Your "gut" was right on.

My other friends and I say the same thing-the vibes start ringing. I hadn't been in touch with a close friend of mine who came to the funeral home, and she said that she knew something was going on since I hadn't been in touch. I've really been "lost" with my hubbie's job transition and by the loss of Carol, but I'm on the mend as I know Paul and his family will be too, in time.

I'm looking forward to seeing your revised draft and any other stories on Dave's site or feel free to email me.

We can all learn from each other!

Thx again!
-Lisa

Dave said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is, I lost my mom a few years ago to cancer.

God bless you and your family,

Dave

Lisa said...

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate your kind words.