Thursday, July 13, 2006

ANOTHER POST ON FOCUSING??

Why is it harder to focus when I'm not as busy? Does that make any sense?

Yes, of course I'm busy--who isn't? The month of July is normally a relaxing month for me, more so than any other month. But I've noticed that I'm not accomplishing any more, even though sports and misc. church activities aren't in the schedule. Of course then I'm running around like a madwoman, but I still feel like I should be getting more done around the house, more writing projects out the door, making more time to write new stories/revise older ones and other activities. I am taking care of normal business, but how to focus when the sun and chair on my deck call my name?

Or is it the Lord who calls me? Part of me knows that rest & relaxation is needed to find time to listen to the Lord. When the track and cross country meets overwhelm my schedule and let's face it, even my spiritual responsiblities, at times, deflate my spirit, the Lord often reminds me to cool my jets. (Is that an expression that is even used any more?) Sometimes we want to concentrate on the achievement of goals too much when I think sometimes God wants us to sit. Listen. Then there will be a time to march forward to work out his plan. But are we listening?

My thoughts for today...It's okay to enjoy the sun and let go of all of the madness, but it's important to remember to praise God and listen for his guidance in our daily lives, no matter the season.

May God bless you and keep you. Look to the heavens for focus and God will show you the way.

Enjoy the Journey, my blogger friends!

3 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Focus? Start to finish a project? Avoid distractions? Say no--to the sun and the outside? Can anyone really do this in the summer? I'm with ya! I am much more effective when I am over my head in busy-ness. Give me a down day--and I practice real down-time! A break is a good thing. After I turned 50--I gave myself permission to enjoy the downtime. Afterall--there are many days that we put in 25 hours......and have a list of 25 more hours of things to get done for the next day.

ENJOY the chair on the deck! Let the muse find you there. Sit quietly--God will show up! Actually--he's always there...we just need to calm the storm around us so we can hear him.

Diane

Dana said...

I must be listening to God too much since I haven't accomplished much of anything all summer.

;)

Lisa said...

Hi guys!

Thx for stopping by!!

Nice to hear from you, Dana! I hope all is well...I've noticed you popping in more at NB, too!

Take care ladies!