Thursday, August 10, 2006

Is it my birthday?

Okay folks, I'm feeling older today, much older. Is it her birthday, you ask? Nope. Might as well be though--feeling the wrinkles pop out as I type this. The grays aren't hidden any longer. Why more so today?

Well, my daughter turns 21 today and my 15 yr old son started drivers training this week. (thought I was going to have a heart attack when I saw my son behind the wheel of the car with the instructor--where was my peace then?) Whew, all good news, but dang, I'm feeling my age today. And all before my 40th birthday in October. Gee, I wonder how I'll feel then? Don't go there.

Age is all a state of mind. Then I'm 200 today, yeah for me :) Try blowing out those candles. I'm going now to get my cane ;)

Ya'll have a good day and I hope you're feeling younger than I am.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by & say hi since Diane linked your site in her guest post on my blog this week.

Talk about feeling older--yeah, me too! We're taking my daughter to college this weekend. Can she be grown already? It doesn't seem possible.

C. H. Green said...

Hate to tell you this, but you fall apart at 40. LOL. Have you been on a blog vacation? Missed ya girl.

Dave said...

I remember 40... DANG IT!

Lisa said...

Hi Linda,
Thx for stopping by my blog! I'll check yours out also...my daughter is in her Jr yr at local university--yikes! She's still home to remind me how old I am-ha ha. It's weird isn't it?

Hi Cindy,
Yeah I've had a lot on my mind...and have been focusing on my novel quite a bit--taking a breather this week after working on some major revisions over at the Notebored. It's tough stuff, as you know. I'm going to try harder to express my real emotions like you do--I think that is so wonderful. It's hard for me to do though.

Hi Dave,
Ha, you're funny...there is someone out there older than I am? :)

Hi Diane,
Will be by to your blog soon, but wanted to thank you here properly for the link on your site...not sure how that all works, but thanks!

Enjoy the journey! I'm trying.

Diane Viere said...

Lisa--

Nothing like our children to HUMBLE us and make us feel OLD! Try this on: your oldest daughter celebrating her first wedding anniversary, and your youngest starting Drivers Ed while beginning HIGH school! I know of what you speak of!

But--there IS freedom is being old! (I shall wear purple...and all!). Enjoy! We may be pioneers in this journey--but at least, when you are the leader of the way--the view is great! Isn't it?????

Diane