Monday, October 16, 2006

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THINGS...

I thought I'd lighten things up a bit and tell ya'll a quick funny.

Running late for work this morning...imagine that on a cold, dark, rainy Monday morning...and on the way out the door, I remembered the giant size coffee I had purchased over the weekend for the office. I mean this baby must weigh five lbs--hey, I'm dutch...it was a good deal. Anyhoo, I then remembered that this is the type of can that needs to be opened with a can opener. NO problem, right? Yeah, right.

So here I am trying to fit this big can of coffee to my little opener, and I try and try to get it to open the whole way. Nope...after several tries, I still cannot open it completely...I'm now just a little mad and looking at the clock reading 7:55 am...I realize that gives me exactly five minutes to get to work on time, which isn't going to happen. I pull on the top and there is still a 2" gap so I try to twist and turn it, but...no go. Well, I gotta tell ya, I almost threw that thing out the window! After staring at it like it had grown horns and was now laughing at me, I put the plastic cover on and set it on the table (as calmly as I could--really I was calm.) ;)

At lunch time, (after spending $30 for wrinkle cream at Walgreen's--now if that ain't enough to depress a girl, ha ha.) I tried once again to open it all the way and lo & behold, after a few tries it came right off. Now, I ask you...why couldn't it have done that this morning?? hmmm, I wonder.

And...how was your morning??

4 comments:

C. H. Green said...

That has happened to me. I actually had to get a pocket knife and pry the lid up enough to pour the coffee into another container. I don't understand why they can't just seal it like ketchup or mayo with that tabbie thing you life up on. Sigh...how late were you?

Dave said...

Mustard and chocolate sauce make lousy breakfast drink.

C. H. Green said...

Miss you Lisa. Hope you're doing well.

Lisa said...

Hi Cindy,
Sorry that I've been MIA. I get so focused on other projects sometimes that I forget to blog! How can that be!?

I've been focusing "again/still" on my novel with the help from critters at the Notebored. It is a tedious process. I keep flip-flopping like a fish outta water on how to revise...it doesn't help that critique varies and even critters have different opinions how to handle tricky situations in stories.

I have a rather complex (my way of saying "weird") novel and it has problems/issues that need to be worked out...what is the best for the story I want to tell? That's the hard part. No, I couldn't just write a simple story...is there such a thing?? I've been told by a few experienced writers that I've taken on a very challenging story for my experience...hmmm...imagine that! It didn't help that my wireless went down for months and then my laptop died! Yikes...that slowed everything down. My laptop is running, but wireless is still down. We are getting a new PC and my hubbie is hooking it up this weekend and that will help to get high speed internet again.

Winter is my fav time for blogging and writing, so I'm really looking forward to sharing more with you and my other blogger friends.

Thx for stopping by!!! I'll be over to say Hi to you, also.

-Lisa