Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Relationships

Hello there,

Today, I thought I would share with you my appreciation for all of the important people in my life. It's amazing when I think of all of the support that I have from God, family and friends.

My relationship with Jesus is top priority, but finding the proper balance between all of the special people in my life while wearing many different hats has made maintaining important relationships challenging. But thankfully by listening to the Holy Spirit, I am more successful making time for meaningful friendships. It isn't easy, but well worth it.

I don’t know what I would do without special people in my life. When I need anything, it seems that I have someone I can go to, of course depending upon the circumstances. It’s interesting when I think about the relationships that I have now and had over the years. These people whom I call my friends know me. They accept me for who I am. No faking. No pressure. Just true friendship from people, who all, I might add, have different personalities. I think it’s true that certain friends have one or two characteristics in common, but all have special qualities that are unique, which make my life so much more enjoyable and interesting.

Thank you to all of you representing these special relationships/friendships, for all of your encouragement and support of my family and me. Sometimes it’s by way of a phone call/e-mail, card or lunch that does the trick. At other times, it’s your prayers that sustain me to stay positive amongst a negative world, and/or maybe it’s your laughter that reminds of the joy in my life, even when I don’t feel like laughing.

Really this is just the tip of the iceberg of the many ways that special people in my life, from my spouse and children to my parents and other family members to my close friends and on-line acquaintances, that have been unexpectedly fulfilling and pleasurable…you know who you are.

So even though it takes work sometimes to maintain relationships, it is important to keep the lines of communication open to ensure health and longevity. Some friendships come & go, but the ones that last, take some work and will be precious for years to come.

Have you encouraged anyone today?

No comments: