Friday, July 27, 2007

Good News!

Hello fellow bloggers~

On the way home from work yesterday, I was thinking about an article that I had submitted a few months ago to Everton's Genealogical Magazine. I had submitted a short fiction yesterday to Rosebud and it made me think of it. Well, when I got home, guess what was in the mail??

A contract! Of course the payment is small, but as I tried to explain to my son, it is the respect of having my writing published that matters to me...of course, it would be nice if it was $250 instead of $25...picky, picky.

Seriously, it has been almost two years since I've had anything published, esp since I have been concentrating on my novel, and I was beginning to feel frustrated. (okay, I was 'already' frustrated ;) It is a respectable magazine and I'm glad to be a part of it. This will make my third published article with them and already have plans for a fourth relating to the life of my unknown great-grandmother from New England area. I'm currently researching for it.

I am making progress with my novel as well. It was slow going. I was constantly getting battered that it was not up to par. As I have said before, I am currently working with an instructor from one of my writing groups and that has helped tremendously. I was missing some basic techniques that was really hindering my efforts. So I took some time to learn more, and am finally making seeing improvement. Of course, it will be ten years before it is probably ready for market, but hey, why not try?

Thanks for letting me share my good news!

God bless!

No comments: