Monday, March 20, 2006

Getting Focused!

Happy Monday fellow bloggers-

I consider myself a fairly organized person, kinda, sorta...I'm detail oriented and set goals. I love to research and keep good notes. The writing business should be right up my alley, right? Well, it would be if I had all day & night to spend on my writing. But, I don't. Who does?

I mention this because I spent part of my weekend trying to get my writing projects organized- "again." I can't seem to keep my head above water with all of my projects. My New Year's resolutions are already coming unraveled as time escapes from me. I'm trying to write new stories from trigger challenges as part of one of my writing groups, keep organized with drafts and crits I've been receiving from critters as I re-write my current stories, and of course help crit other stories as part of writing groups I belong to. This is on top of trying to keep my blog updated and keep my logs for submissions updated. Oh, and I can't forget to fit in working full-time, raising a family and staying active with church activities and praising God! (Oh yeah, I always have to fit some sort of daily reading: The Holy Bible, Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis and I'm trying to start another fiction book-key word, trying.) How does one do it all? I often wonder. Yes, I do prioritize-there are so many other things I want to do that aren't even mentined here.

Over the weekend, I had just enough time to get my work organized before I got too tired to do housework and other responsibilities (notice the order of things :) I did revise a couple of stories only to read more crits and decide to change/revise "again." It's enough to drive me to hitting the delete button on these stories, for sure.

But, something keeps me pressing on. I don't know what it is. There is a burning in the belly desire to keep up the madness, to push it to the limit. To be heard, to be known? Or is it all about self expression? Or have I just finally lost my mind. I just don't know.

But, I'm already thinking about a new story to write. Now, to find the time... :)

I'm hoping ya'll can relate to this in some way-please share your day/weekend with me.

Take care and God bless!

2 comments:

C. H. Green said...

Girl I get tired just reading about everything you're doing. I have the overwhelming urge to write every day. Sometimes I hit pay dirt. Sometimes I come up empty handed with a page full of doodles. I have journals and notebooks all over the house and car. I just wonder what would happen if I truly did get organized?

Lisa said...

Hi Cindy:

I just re-read this blog post. I sound like a nut!

I'm so glad you shared that you have journals etc all over. I love it-I have writing e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e ..it's quite hilarious. I don't have enough room in my small home for my stuff ;) That's not even including all of my books and writing reference materials.

I'm so glad you understand!!