Friday, March 31, 2006

Lisa goes wireless!

Well, something good came out of my computer crashing! I finally got motivated to go wireless. I now get on the internet from my laptop! Awesome! My laptop didn't have a modem so I couldn't even hook up to our phone line for dial-up. So this is so much better!

I highly recommend this if you're using a laptop that isn't currently hooked to DSL already or doesn't have a modem for dial up. Even if you do have a modem, this way is so much faster. Do I know how to do this? Heck no. I know you need certain equipment, software and of course DSL from a main computer already. Just get yourself a nice little techie, and he'll fix you up-well, for a small fee anyway.

I love it!

5 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Tempted to call the Geek Squad right now! However, we live in a "high-speed" hole! Can't get cable....can't get a phone service that has high speed, would have to get satellite connection. Hmmmmm. I have heard from so many of the wonders of high speed...wireless! Imagine...being able to connect to the web...from any room or any space in your house. Hidden deep under my feelings of jealousy: I'm happy for you!

Diane

Lisa said...

HA! I understand how you feel. It's taken me a while to get to this point, believe me. We still have issues with our DSL, but overall, it is pretty cool.

I think I can even take my computer outside near my house-gotta check that out. If I can go on my deck with my laptop and have access to the Internet, I'll freak out. I'll check it out.

Thx for being happy for me! Hopefully you're town will have it available soon!! Make some calls :)

Lisa said...

Hi March St. Ives! Thx for stopping by! I'm glad you like my posts!! I hope they help you as much as they continue to help me.

Pls email me at lbraendle@aol.com to let me know which book you'd like: Lists to live By-For Everything that really matters Or Craft & Technique, which includes 300 tips etc.

Please confirm via email so I can snailmail them out to ya.

Lisa said...

Also, comment to March St. Ives-pls let me know you're name, I don't know if I had seen it anywhere. If you have DSL already on a personal computer, you should be able to hook up the wireless link with help. I had most of the stuff I needed already-purchased it last year, if you can believe it. We just hadn't hooked up so it wasn't too expensive, thankfully. Budget is a tad bit tight now.

Have a great day!! Thanks for all of your support.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of laptops! I don't know where I'd be without mine as I mainly work sitting on my bed!