Friday, May 05, 2006

Older & Smarter?

Hello fellow bloggers~

As I approach this thing called "middle age," I wonder why I don't feel any smarter. What happened to the answers I once had? I thought I would be so smart at 40. Nope. Didn't happen-well I have a few months, maybe it will yet, suddenly. Hmm...I doubt it. If I didn't have the answers to life's questions as a youngster (not that I'm old-ok?), I had desperately sought them out. And now?

All right, I admit it. I still seek the answers to life's questions, at times. The good news? I search for the answers from a different source now, and instead of focusing on trying to find the answers to all of life's questions, I concentrate on my faith in the Lord. God is my source. He has the answers. I DO NOT. It has taken me a long time to figure this out. I still find it difficult to admit. I still need reminders. I can search & search within myself and roam around the entire face of the earth, but I will not find the answers to the important questions that I need to know. Answers to the questions that I must know for salvation, for peace, and to follow God's will.

Struggling? Need answers? Don't know your purpose in life? Go to the Lord in prayer and ASK for comfort, strength and understanding, AND HE WILL provide you with a peace that will astound you. Feeling unworthy? Ask for forgiveness and let your past sins/struggles melt away so that you may start a new life. A new life with the Lord by your side. A friend, an ally that no one can take away. Don't know this triune God? Ask Jesus into your heart and your life will change-FOREVER.

If anyone has specific prayer requests, please feel free to post them here! I would love to pray with you.

4 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Lisa--You're the best! Yes, mid-life is a time of self-reflection. It is at this time that we learn there are actually questions we don't have the answers to. I think it's called wisdom!

How wonderful that you direct us to the One who holds not only the keys to unlock these mid-life dilemma's but the One who wants to be in relationship with us....no matter what we ask or how old we are! We must remember, when viewing our life eternally--we're still babies!

Diane

C. H. Green said...

I needed this post today, thanks.

Dave said...

40 old? pshaw! Wait until your 42 like me!

Lisa said...

Hi Diane, thanks as always for your encouragement...no, YOU are the best! Wisdom, oh I like that word.

Hi Cindy, so glad that my post helped you! I think that's the best part of blogging together-we can share our inner most thoughts and struggles and know that others at times, feel the same way...

Hi March, you're right...I know that I'm really not old, per se' but there are those days...as I pluck another grey hair that I really feel my age. Oh when I'm doing my pushups, and I notice that belly that wasn't there before. Where did that come from? But thanks for the reminder!

Hi Dave, thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad that you're pursuing your novel-I really do like it. I'm looking forward to your signed copy!

Thx for all of your support and sorry it took me some time to respond-you all are sooooo good to me!