Tuesday, May 30, 2006

In Remembrance~

Memorial Day reminds me of my ancestors, and I wonder what their lives must have been like, way back in the day. I have spent a great deal of time researching my past and have been richly blessed finding newfound cousins.

If you’re strolling here and would like tips on researching your heritage, feel free to ask! I also have research/info on the following surnames: Tuttle, Peavey, DeVries, McMullin, Braendle, Dove, and misc. others. Please let me know how I can help you! It is one of the most fulfilling and challenging endeavors to find one’s ancestors and family in the present! You won't be disappointed. I'm thankful that my ancestors risked so much to start a new life in a new world! My ancestors emigrated from England, Ireland/Scotland, Netherlands...etc.

Memorial Day also reminds me of those who have fought and still fight for our country, for our rights and the rights of so many others around the world. Sometimes it's hard to know what is right and wrong where war is involved, but we must always remember to support the men and women who give their very lives, so that we may have life, prosper and enjoy the very freedoms we enjoy to this day. I couldn't even imagine being a woman in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

I pray that we take a moment to remember what our family and others we've never even met have done and continue to do to ensure freedoms here and overseas.

2 comments:

C. H. Green said...

I started researching my geneaology the year I met my husband. Things progressed so fast that I never got back to it. I still have all of my research though. I just might get back to it soon. You've inspired me.

Lisa said...

Hi Cindy!
I tried to respond to this but the darn msg wouldn't go thru!

I hope you pursue your genealogy...but be careful, once you research further, it's harder to stop :) The family vines grab hold and pull you in for a ride into the past. It is fascinating! I can't wait to plan a trip to NH/ME where some of my ancestors settled before coming to Michigan.

I'll stop now or I'll never shut up...if you need any help, please let me know!!

Thx for stopping by!!