Tuesday, May 09, 2006

SPEAKING OF MIDDLE AGE!

Funny story on the book I'm reading. You know you're old when you buy a book at a used bookstore and then loan that same book from the library within a two week period.

To my defense (kinda), I mentioned here that I had purchased a couple of books up north from a used bookstore, which I kept at our trailer and hadn't read yet. I went to my local library the following week and happened upon, Light of August by William Faulker, revised 1985 edition. I took out the book. I started reading it late last week and had it with me when we went up north this past weekend.

When I walked into the trailer, I saw the book by Faulkner on the table. Keep in mind, it looked completely different and was the renewed edition (if that's how you say it.) from 1959. I know what you're thinking, didn't I recognize the title? Nope...it's sad but true. I knew that I had purchased one of his books but was the chance that it was the same book?? Yikes! I guess I'm supposed to read this book!

And HOW WAS YOUR DAY?? :)

5 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Lisa.......

It's our age! I just finished reading a book--Nelson Demille's The Lion Game....that I thought I was reading for the first time. It wasn't until I reached page 602 and read one of my favorite passages AGAIN from Demille...that I realized I had read this book already!!!! I recognized the passage--I love it! It is my favorite! However, not to worry--I didn't remember the ending...so I kept on reading!

Seriously, I'm going to enjoy old age! You can save so much by re-reading books!

:) Diane

Lisa said...

I'm lol over here! It's good to laugh with each other, isn't it? We pray, hurt, share with each other, but laugh...now that's the best!

I've picked up books before that I had read before, too...I did that when I was young(er). Yep, kept on reading because as you said, couldn't remember the ending ;) But within a two week period? I'm doomed, ha ha.

This is normal, right?? :)

Heather Smith said...

Hey Lisa! I don't think it's just middle age. I forget stuff all the time. My doctor says I have an excuse, but still its very annoying!!! Thanks for stopping by my site! I'll be back!

Lisa said...

Hi Heather!
Welcome to my blog! Thx so much for stopping by...I'm looking forward to blogging with you in the future!

Take care!

C. H. Green said...

I love Faulkner. I have to admit I haven't read that one yet. Maybe I should head on over to the library. Wait. Maybe I should check my shelves first! LOL.