Saturday, June 24, 2006

Make the Bed!

Hello Fellow Blogger friends,

Okay, I admit it...I haven't ever really been concerned about beds being made in our house. My kids make their own decision on that. I showed them how when they were younger, and then left it up to them. And I confess that I don't make my own bed every day...did I just hear gasps out there in cyber-world? Not make her bed? Well that's just terrible, you think. But again, it's just never been a big thing with me. Okay what's the point, you ask.

Well on those days that I decide I want my bed made, I quickly throw the top covers--my quilt and comfortor over my queen size bed, not paying any mind to the sheets underneath. As I was tossing them over my bed one day, I wondered if this was a lot like disguising real thoughts of inadequacy and guilt from sin when we buy our fancy cars, our expensive homes and materialistic things like the name brand suit and shoes in hopes to feel better. Is it all a disguise, a cover for the real feelings inside? Oh we all like nice things...but at what cost? I wonder if some like to shop for escape from dealing with problems and bad feelings, instead of going to the source, our God through our Lord, Jesus Christ for peace, fulfillment and forgiveness. But instead are we pulling the comfortor over our beds in hopes of hiding what's lying underneath? Will those materialistic items be enough?

I pray that we'll be able to deal with pain, disappointments, anger, feelings of guilt from sin and other issues by praying and confessing sins to Jesus Christ, instead of running out for the latest car or outfit. He is the only source for long-term peace and joy.

And no, I won't make my bed any different after this post ;)

From one blogger just trying to find the joy in the journey...

6 comments:

C. H. Green said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one...in fact. My bed gets made at night, right before I get in most nights. Just to keep it comfy. LOL.

Diane Viere said...

And here I was feeling guilty that I still haven't made my bed for the day! WEll, blogger friend, I guess I am in good company!

Yes, the things we do to cover up our messy lives! It seems easier to just throw the covers over the mess...than to deal with it--but like a wound, our messes need to be cleaned from the inside out or they fester. That is one of the best reasons to let Jesus do the healing--He knows where to start and where the finish will be. I don't know that a spotless house is in my future...but I am working on a clean heart!

Diane

Dana said...

I hate making my bed and I confess...I don't do it every day either.

My mamma would spank my butt if she knew.

Lisa said...

Hello Ladies!

I had a feeling there were a few of us out there!! I must confess that I feel better when I've made my bed, but it's just not a top priority for me. I walked out the door this morning looking at my unmade bed. I have an excuse--I'm getting ready to go up north for a week--is that good enough? Probably not.

Oh don't even get into spotless houses, Diane! That's an even scarier subject :) I usually don't even make excuses any more for my...well...less than perfect house. I have always found other things to do! Good or bad--that's just me. I'm working on that clean heart, too!

Hi, Dana! So glad to hear from you!! I see your posts starting back up at NoteBored.

Cindy I have to do that when my man is home--he hates messy covers, so I quickly make them b4 he gets in... ;) It doesn't matter to me either way.

I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful holiday--be safe!

And as always, thanks for your support!

Dave said...

How will the sheets air out properly if you make the bed?

Lisa said...

Hi Dave-
How are ya?? Thx for stopping by! I just got back from vacation and as always, feel like I'm behind!

I got in my car to head to work this morning and my car wouldn't start-battery issue again. Thank goodness for daddy!