Thursday, May 19, 2005

Health and Wellness And Today’s thoughts

I skipped two meals yesterday because I am trying to fit so many things into my day-anyone else out there struggling with this? Every year, it seems like the month of May is extremely busy with all of the kid’s sports and misc. activities as well as community events and church meetings. I love all of these activities, but when they all pile up during the same day, same week, it is difficult at best. Thankfully I have been eating nutritiously so that is helping to sustain me. But, yesterday, my diet was poor and I definitely noticed the difference.

I came home for a quick lunch, but wanted to work on an essay I’ve been trying to complete by the weekend. No time for breakfast, no time for lunch (other than a few handfuls of popcorn) and then had to run to a track meet just after work, and a baseball game after that. Realizing I hadn’t eaten all day, I started to think of grabbing a hotdog at the concession but knew that would hurt me more than help, I decided against it. Went to a church meeting just before the game ended at 7pm so no time to eat before that. Came home exhausted at 9:30pm.

Thankfully, I drink lots of water so I had that going for me, but I was a tad bit hungry. Looking in the cupboards, not much there too healthy (was out of my normal things I guess), so I snacked on organic chips and salsa with an organic burrito, but by that time, it was 10pm.

So what can I do different to prevent this? Simple, I need to keep yogurt and other snacks handy at work (and at home) so I can grab on the way, as necessary. I’m also out of my mixed nuts, which help to sustain me during the day on those busy nights. I need to run to the health store-pronto!

My tip to you and myself: Have plenty of nutritious snacks on hand, so the bad foods don’t tempt you so much and when meals are skipped, you’ll at least have a supplement to tie you over.

Share with me your day so I’ll feel better :)

No comments: