Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'm Published!

ok, maybe I'm just a little too excited about being a published writer. It is, after all only for a genealogical magazine. Now, I have two published articles-woo, woo. Boy, were these articles fun and almost effortless to write. I am currently working on a novel entitled, "On the Run." It has its ups and downs like everything else in life. Let's face it, it can be a daunting task. But, overall it is an awesome internal experience. I also have my health success story being published in a health club magazine called, "Today's Health and Wellness," which is due out in July. I'm excited about this as well. Somehow, it encourages me to keep writing. Maybe I shouldn't need this kind of motivation, but admittedly I do. I've entered contests but no success to date. I just need to keep working on it, and I will! I've learned quite a bit from Donald Maass' books on novel writing -main point I've learned: "step up my writing." I tend to be conservative, so it is reflected in my writing. I'm trying to remember to push everything to the limits. So much to do...so, little time.

No comments: