Monday, May 23, 2005

Short Movie and Book Review-

Wow! What a great weekend. I had the opportunity to read Stephen King's book, "On Writing." I highly recommend it. It has an easy reading style and as usual for King, it is interesting and shocking. I must confess I'm not a huge follower of Stephen King like my brother for example is-buying every book etc., however, this book is not only helpful as a writer but helpful to me as a sister of two alcoholic brothers. He incorporates a short version of his bibliography into a fast track writing seminar giving the best tips and advice for writers everywhere. I was inspired and encouraged. I read the book in two days. Run, get it.

On a smaller scale, I had the opportunity to watch Star Wars-Episode III. Another big WOW! George Lucas once again does not disappoint Star Wars fans. If you're not a fan, why not? Want to escape reality for a few hours-go to this movie. This episode is more on the "dark side." But the writing, acting and special effects are just incredible-out of this world. On the big screen, its as if you are actually flying with the Jedi Knights. Go see this movie-you'll feel like you just stepped onto another planet just as soon as the movie starts and all of your worries will fly away.

Have a great day!

No comments: