Friday, July 22, 2005

Get Real!

Celebrity News and Gossip
I admit at one point in my life I was a celebrity junkie, for lack of a better word. I would buy People (which I still have to slip my patties as I reach for it) and the gossip magazines to get the latest scoop on the “stars.”

I guess I’m maturing because I am sick of seeing so much attention, news and gossip on the movie stars, singers/entertainers etc. I’m longing for something worthwhile to read in magazines and watch on television. There is just so much crap out there. It’s unbelievable. I can’t wait to see what the Fall show lineup will bring. I’m also sick of all of the terrible reality shows. I must confess that I liked Survivor when it first started, and I still love Fear Factor. But now, the reality shows are just plain crazy, in my little ole opinion.

What do I want to see? I would love to see more movies/shows on authors/writers and their lives or just plain people living extraordinary lives. More magazines on the lives of other occupations in general other than Hollywood! Yes, there are some good shows and magazines, of course, but not very many. What happened to show like Little House on the Prairie, Waltons, etc. “They won’t make it,” people say because we are choosing to watch “the crap.” I say it’s not true. It will take time to change things around, I agree, but aren’t we worth it? Aren’t kids worth it? Come on. Let’s get it together! I mean, who the …cares what Jessica Simpson is wearing or what she’s doing-really? We need to really take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask ourselves if we are willing to allow this to continue. I know it’s hard, but dang, we must stop buying into the illusion. Let’s buy what’s real for a change. This is one woman who is going to try very hard to say, “NO!” Enough is enough.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Amen, Lisa! We need more family shows with morals and consequences.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Dana for your support!
I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking!