Tuesday, July 26, 2005

When it rains, it pours-

When it rains, it pours…
Saturday I had the day to myself, which doesn’t happen very often. I had decided to stay home from up north and it’s a good thing I did. After spending over $150.00 at Meijers, (approx five hours later) I noticed the top layer of food in the freezer had started to thaw. I felt along the sides and noticed it wasn’t very cold. I cranked the setting to the max and hoped for the best. The refrigerator cooled the food yet but I could tell as time went on that it wasn’t working well. I hoped for we wouldn’t need to get a new one, but this one, after all was over twelve years old. We had a family reunion to go to on Sunday so we left and prayed for the best. We came back and noticed it was the same. Monday morning, things were starting to feel warm to touch so we went out at lunchtime and bought a new one and four hours later, it was delivered. They aren’t even as expensive as I had once thought so all is well. (expensive enough, but…compared to the grand scheme of things, it was ok.)
What's next??
How's your day going??

2 comments:

Dana said...

I have been so busy! The kids and I are leaving for Bama in a couple of days, so I have been buying school supplies, packing, etc... Plus writing and stuff.

Can't wait for school to start!

Lisa said...

Hi there, Dana-
Have a great time! I need to get my son school clothes and his school supplies, but it is much more calm for me than it ever used to be. My kids are older, though. Allyssa is finishing up her two year degree at local comm.college and transferring to local university (GVSU) for the winter term. My son, Cody starts his freshman year-eek!

Take care!