Friday, July 15, 2005

Thought of the Day: Live for Today

No doubt about it, our family is going through a very tough time. My sixty year old (so young!) mother-in-law is battling cancer and losing-she is and has been a vibrant and positive influence in our lives. Last night, we had a family meeting at the hospital with her doctor and the news was devastating. My family and I are still trying to bounce back from my husband's job loss. Prayers are welcome here!

With all of that being said, on the way home last night around 10:30pm, my husband and I were just remarking on the turn of events in our lives and knew that we needed to live each day like it was our last-of course, within reason. His job loss doesn't even compare to the loss of a precious life. It puts things in perspective whether we like it or not-life is just too short. We know this but yet we let the little things in life get us down and when circumstances are thrown into our paths, we must face the fact that we are only on this earth for a short period of time.

I am constantly challenged in my faith, and this is no different. But as I age, I am able to cope better with adversity although painful and frustrating. And I know that we need to appreciate each other and the blessings that we have, no matter what might be happening around us especially in the continuing terrorist attacks around the globe, such as the recent attacks in London. In short, we must keep the faith and appreciate our lives one day at a time. And believe me when I tell you, it is with a tear strained and a grim face that I make this statement.

Life is as always a journey.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I will kepp your family in my prayers and that your MIL will fight back and regain her health.

Lisa said...

Thanks again, Dana for your kind words!