Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Alcoholism-Stephen King

Alcoholism runs rampant in my family so I was particularly interested as
I read the following passage, written by Stephen King in his book, "On Writing":

"It's been almost twelve years since I took a drink, and I'm still struck by disbelief when I see someone in a restaurant with a half-finished glass of wine near at hand. I want to go over and yell "Finish that! Why don't you finish that?" into his or her face. I found the idea of social drinking ludicrous-if you didn't want to get drunk, why not just have a coke?"

My brother stated a comment very similar to this one as he was seeking treatment for alcoholism.

If you're expecting just a writing book from Stephen King, forget about it-On Writing is so much more than that-it's more like a survival guide.

No comments: