Friday, June 17, 2005

Just for fun-

Ok, I thought maybe this blog was becoming just a little too serious so I thought I'd share a funny story. As I headed to my son's baseball game a couple of weeks ago, I clipped along a fast-paced street, racing to get to the game on time at about 45mph (ok, maybe 50, don't tell anyone.) All of a sudden, I saw the car in front of me swerve out of the way of an object. Too late, I'm all over it. Not good. A loud popping sound exploded under my car. (now named "Super-car") Again, not good. I pulled over to the side of the road and looked back at the mess in the middle of the road. I had run over a truck size battery. Shaking, heart racing, I pulled up to a service station, which had of course just closed. Thankfully, there was one lonely mechanic still there. I pounded on the garage door until he came out. ;)

I explained the scenario as I pointed to the destroyed battery strung out all over the road and asked ever so nicely if he would look at my car. He looked me up and down wondering what he did to deserve this. So...he took out a flashlight and checked out the bottom of my car. Hmmm, he said. "Looks pretty good, except..." Oh boy, here we go, I thought. "Your pan is a little bent but other than that, it looks good. No leaks, no problem."

Believe it or not, a good car wash to get the battery acid off and away we went! My son asked if he might be able to ride with his Dad next time. Hmm...I don't understand why? :)

So, how is your day??

ps-I now have officially run over one spare tire (that was a terrible clanking sound that lasted forever under my car and almost gave me a heart attack.) and a full size basketball.

No comments: