Friday, June 03, 2005

Ups and downs of Writing-

I've pretty much been on a high since I decided to start writing. I've been writing my first novel seriously since December of last year, and it is now almost complete.

I'm editing my novel and the more I edit, the more frustrated I become. I've read somewhere when you question part of a manuscript to take it out and see if it's missed, well, if I did that, on certain days, I might not like what I have left ;) Last night,I almost hit the delete key to say goodbye to the whole dang thing, and for a second, I found much pleasure in the idea. Of course if I were to do this accidentally, I'd be horrified. The point is one minute I feel like I can accomplish anything, but the next, I'm scared that I'm doing it all for nothing. Of course I know the chances of my getting this published are slim, and of course I realize even if I do get published, it probably won't be a best seller. So, there you have it. You've caught me on an off day. Most of my blogs will be for the most part more encouraging. I will be spending most of my Saturday working on it so I'm sure I'll feel much better. Yeah, right. I've started my proposal and that is even a worse subject.

I'm praying for patience. I'll need it. I just keep on writing-something good will come out eventually (I hope ;)

Please feel free to share your writing frustrations on the publishing world. It would be much appreciated. Happy reading and happy writing.

No comments: