Thursday, June 16, 2005

Struggling-

Struggling this week. I need a maid, an editing service, nanny service and a therapist-all free, of course. Is there anyone else feeling this way? Am I alone?

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy my life-I’ve worked hard to find joy in my every day life, but honestly, this week has been tough. I’ve learned to find the joy in the Lord in everything-good and well, the not so good. But, I’m human and I can’t pretend everything is all right when quite frankly, it isn’t.

I pray. I pray when I feel I’m losing my sanity. I pray for strength and guidance and joy and forgiveness. And, everything else in between.

I cry. I cry as I put yet another load of towels into the washing machine, knowing full well there were be another one needed in two days-this after doing ten loads of laundry, just days ago. I cry when loved ones disappoint me. I cry when I disappoint the Lord-I’m humbled by his greatness, and I cry when I let other people down. I cry for all of the horrible things happening around me in the states and overseas.

I laugh. I laugh at my own weakness. I laugh at little children when they learn about God-they are precious and terrors at the same time. I laugh at my fourteen year old as he voice changes octaves in one sentence. I laugh as I put my feet into another sticky spot on my kitchen linoleum, just mopped. Sometimes, I even laugh at adversity. I laugh at life.

I think negative. I think negative when I want more than I can have or willing to work for. I think negative when God won’t allow me to have things in my own timeframe. I am negative when the mailbox is empty of any solid writing opportunities or replies to my queries, and instead, bills stare at me. I am negative when I edit my novel, and it all seems so daunting and overwhelming. I feel small.

I think positive. I think positive when I see others praising God and teaching others to love the Lord, as I watched last night I helped preschoolers at our church bible school. I think positively when I remember the experience I have in overcoming obstacles and in overcoming frustrations, with the help of the Lord.

I am optimistic. I am optimistic when I feel the Lord beside me, walking with me, helping me sort out my thoughts and feelings. I am optimistic when I pray, and I feel God’s overwhelming love and unconditional love surrounding me even when I don’t feel it from others. I am optimistic when I look around, really look around and see all of the wonderful people in my life-flaws and all.

I am woman. Hear me roar-even if my roar is quiet this week. But, I am not silent. I am alive. I am healthy. I am thankful. I thank God for his many blessings.

6 comments:

Knuckles Bronson said...

Hey I was just surfing member blogs and I came across yours and noticed you were from Grand Rapids like me. Just wanted to say hi.

Lisa said...

Hello to you! Thanks for surfing and stopping to say "HI!"

Dana said...

I have felt the same way many times and still do. I can empathize. Great post. Your writing is very good. I hope you get some positive responses back from your queries. What kind of writing do you do?

Lisa said...

Hi Dana,
Thanks for asking and your encouragement! I am currently working on a novel (thriller), two short stories and many various articles. I have two published in genealogy magazines and my health story essay will be published in July in a health club magazine in MN. I have earlier posts on this too. My main interests include genealogy, health, spirituality and of course, writing. I have one essay query out that I'm waiting to hear back on regarding a funny, true story that happened to my hubbie and I many years ago-called the Lipstick Case and others!

Thx again for caring to ask!!

porchwise said...

When I was a columnist, my time was like yours--none to spare. Now I'm 'retired' and working on my second novel and, guess what, my time is still 'none to spare'.
Good luck and I don't know how you do it...and I don't know how I do it...and I don't know how anyone does it. Writing is a love/hate relationship, I think...and therefore, I am...a little crazy.

Lisa said...

Dear Porchwise, ;)
Thanks for your comment below...it is a crazy thing all right! I feel like I'm losing my mind at times while at other times, I'm in full command of my thoughts. Weird.